Our services are designed to be accessible to all patients at a site close to your home.
This means less travelling for you.
Health Professional / GP
The Community Rheumatology Service provides the following functions to:
- Improve access to a triage and advice service to confirm or refute the diagnosis of common rheumatological problems and provide suitable treatments such as joint injections in a community setting.
- Transfer clinical management of stable rheumatological conditions to a primary care led community setting.
- Improve patient choice and satisfaction through a fast, accessible and quality service.
- Reduce wait times for assessment in line with 18 week referral to treatment targets.
- Improve the patient journey with improved communication between care providers.
- Provide better value for money due to improved utilisation's of resources enabling reinvestment in health services.
- Provide education of patients around self management of their conditions and improve the education of GP and community health professionals around the identification and management of rheumatological conditions.
A full range of protocols and pathways to support patient care can be found on the downloads page.